Friday, February 10, 2012

Greetings Fellow Art Educators!

My name is Mr. Terry and I teach elementary art in Tn.  Recently I came across a blog-- http://sketchbookmonth.wordpress.com/ --where a group of professional illustrators celebrated last march as sketchbook month.  They committed to attempting a sketch each weekday for the month and posted the results on the blog.  The goal was to promote their own growth as an artist as well as promoting their craft and networking among each other.  I thought it would be a great idea for teachers to do something similar in order to raise awareness of Youth Art Month, grow as an artist, and be an example to our students to draw, draw, and draw some more.   If you are like me, I am always trying to instill in my students that it takes lots of practice to become proficient at drawing.  This way I can show them I practice what I preach.  Any art educator can participate as much or as little as they like.  You can jump on or off at any time. If you are interested, send me a message so I can fill you in on how this works. 
I can't wait to see all your awesome artwork.  DRAW, DRAW, and DRAW some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment